5/02/2018

6 THINGS I LOVED IN APRIL


I would write April down as a 'rollercoaster month' because, despite all of the amazing things that I got up to, I, unfortunately, found myself wishing some of the more simple days away because I know that the next few months are destined to be my most adventurous. Nevertheless, there were lots of opportunities thrown at me this month and I'm pleased to say that I've grabbed them all by the horns. In the midst of it, there were a few 'mental health days' but, here I am, still beating down the track. 

Amongst the travelling, sunburning, mellow days, there were a handful of items and concepts that I've particularly adhered to this month.

BEIJA LONDON UNDIES
I feel incredibly lucky to have been gifted this wonderful set of Women's Lingerie recently. You can see them looking crisp and beautiful in the image above! I gratefully chose the Ribbed White Bra and the Taboo Tanga Bottoms in White and, boy, was I delighted when they arrived. The feeling of them is super luxury - almost out of my league. The soft, carefully crafted material looks and feels built to last which is definitely something that I always look for. As well as this, I adore the brand for the way they campaign their items - as someone on the smaller side when it comes to the whole Chesticles/Jugs/Maracas/Knockers (or what-not) shebang, it is so refreshing to see a lingerie brand not just advertise and showcase ladies with the 'perfect pair'. They use real woman and I find it so refreshing. 

BLUE JEANS, WHITE TEE
While we're on the subject of clobber, I might as well mention that, after finding myself stuck in a 'fashion crisis' at the start of April (having broken down into a whining mess of 'I have no clothes, I wear the same style over and over again'), I decided that it was time to go back and start again with a blank canvas. I knew that one of my favourite looks was always the 'blue jeans white tee' kind of vibe but, for some reason, it was embedded in my head that I had to be wearing different patterns or shapes. I'm so glad that I shook my head and got rid of that because I'm finally starting to flourish and enjoy the simplicity of style. I got a beautiful White Top in H&M which has tiny embroidered details on it but I do also plan to do some of my own slogan embroideries onto plain White-Tee's; I'll keep you updated on how it goes.

GOING TO THE GYM
Can you believe it?! I started the gym in April and, so far, I'm loving it. I'm not attending the gym to be a buff body-builder, nor am I hoping to lose my entire body weight - I'm just enjoying feeling more active and like I can achieve things. So far, I've been a handful of times and, with my holiday approaching next month, I do plan to attend even more. Like everyone, I do have insecurities about my body that I would like to fix by improving my lifestyle but, at the moment, I'm actually really enjoying the feeling of getting into bed at night knowing that I've shaken hands with my body and done it some good - it's a great feeling and, whoever you are, I'd definitely recommend it. 


VASELINE SPRAY & GO
Well, have you ever seen anyone so late to the bandwagon? Indeed, this product has been on the shelves for a while and I've only just reached for it and fell in love. My mum bought the Vaseline Spray & Go a while back and, after our freak week of 'heatwave' which lead to my fair share of sunburn, this bottle finally got brushed off and used again. I understand it's not primarily designed as an aftersun, but with the inclusion of Aloe Vera (the magical burn-curer of dreams) and the way it continuously sprays and absorbs in seconds, there's so much to like. Plus, it makes a cute little high-pitched buzzing noise when you use it so if that hasn't persuaded you, I don't know what will.

CALL THE MIDWIFE
Gosh! Obsessed isn't the word. In fact, I've watched so much of it recently that I think I'm starting to speak like an upper-class nurse from the 1950s - Tickety Boo! Let's start at the beginning; I started watching Call The Midwife mid-way through series 7 just because it was on TV and it gripped me. Then, with the discovery that the entire collection was on Netflix (and luckily being able to use a friends Netflix account), I dipped my toe in the water at S1 EP1 and from there on I couldn't stop watching it. If you don't already watch it then definitely give it a go! It's not what I expected - I thought it was going to be a hybrid of Downton Abbey and One Born Every Minute but really it feels more like what was going on in the East End of London while Downton Abbey was happening and it's pragmatically showcasing strong woman and heroines. The storylines are so gripping and I am so emotionally attached to the characters. It's such a feel-good show! Yes, it has some very dark moments, but the hidden messages are always so inspiring and warm.

THE JOB LOT
If you're more into comedy and you've grabbed yourself a Netflix subscription then this is the perfect comedy for you to pop on on a Friday night. Set in a problematic Job Centre in Birmingham, with a brilliant comedic cast such as Sarah Hadland and Russel Tovey, my boyfriend and I got glued to this. I do feel like, after we completed watching The Office (UK! Don't even offend me by assuming it's the US version), this had a similar kind of feel to it. Apart from the whole 'fly on the wall documentary' narrative, The Job Lot still follows the theme of a troubled workplace trying their hardest to appear ideal. The comedy is original and hilarious from the get-go. I'd even re-watch again in a few months, it's that fab.

What have you been loving recently?

7 comments

  1. Call The Midwife is on Netflix?!?! There's my next few days planned!! I'm also late to the party but the Vaseline Spray & Go sounds amazing!! Well done for getting into the gym, I really need to become more active!

    Steph x
    www.wanderlustpulse.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! I was delighted when I found out that it was on there - I'm currently on series 4! I hope you enjoy :)

      Thanks for reading x

      Delete
  2. Definitely need to watch The Job Lot. Have you seen Brooklyn Nine Nine?! It's my absolute favourite!xx

    Lucy | www.lucy-cole.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I briefly studied Brooklyn Nine Nine at A-Level and noticed that it is pretty funny! I should really give it a go but I'm usually more a fan of British Comedy :P I promise to watch it at least once hehe x

      Delete
  3. I started doing workouts regularly this month and I feel so much better too! :))

    Caterina | caterinasosso.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Done! So do I - I am getting so much adrenaline from just feeling productive, I love it :P x

      Delete
  4. I'm definitely going to try a few different gym classes; the ones at my gym seem great :)
    I'd love to try the Pixi Glow tonic, too - I might have to treat myself one time :P

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR COMMENTING