5/03/2015

Lush Shampoo Bars


I've begun to notice that my collection of Shampoo Bars is building up. The more and more I get, the more I fall in love.

The bars that I have include: Jason and the Argon Oil, Karma Komba, and Lullaby. Of All three, I'd say that Karma Komba is my favourite for hair washing qualities but picking a favourite scent is very difficult.

Jason and the Argon Oil is the first one that I got for Christmas 2014. If you've ever smelled the Rose Jam shower gel from Lush you will know the scene of this. I'm a sucker for a rose scented product so this was the one I chose first. It is good at lathering however, after it tragically broke in half, it is difficult to get the lather because it just crumbles. I now have to wash my hair as well as pick crumbs out of my hair with this one.

Lullaby is possibly my favourite scent. I got this lavender beauty for my birthday and it's completely irresistible. This is more of a grainy bar that I wouldn't recommend you run against your hair because it's rough enough to cause damage. It doesn't lather a well as the others, especially because handling it is quite sharp. The qualities of this one is the oat milk and soothing lavender which perfectly revive and regenerate your scalp and hair.

Lastly, Karma Komba is my favourite because it smells just like Karma - my ultimate favourite Lush scent - and washes excellently. The lather that this bar creates is intense and I can rub it through my hands or on my hair without feeling like I'm damaging my hair. This bar is slippery when wet which I think is what gives it such spectacular suds. I regret the day I ever run out of this shampoo bar and I will definitely repurchase.

Overall, these are certainly something that needs place in your bathroom; they are so handy and perfect of washing at home or on-the-go. I would definitely recommend the square tins for them instead of the circular ones because they do expand with water and it gives them more space to breath. After using, it's ideal to dry them lightly and leave them to dry out standing up because putting them straight back in the tin causes them to stick to the tin and break.

Have you tried Lush Shampoo Bars?
Which is your favourite?

Twitter || Bloglovin




19 comments

  1. I've wanted to try lush for a long time now!

    http://industrialbarbie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should!! Their products are great, I found my love for them about a year ago :P

      Delete
  2. I tried one before, I can't remember which one it was, and I quite liked it but I found that it run out quite quickly as my tin kept leaking and letting water in.
    Love Hayley,
    Water Painted Dreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep mine in my bedroom because that way they rent exposed to the humidity coming and going. I try and keep the tin and bar as dry as possible and this all seems to work in making it last longer :)

      Alice x

      Delete
  3. I've been debating trying one of their shampoo bars for the longest time, I just didn't know whether they would be any good or not. I think you've tempted me. Are any of these suitable for dry hair??

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's lots of different ones for all different hair types but they are all generally great for all types. I think, for dry hair, you should just steer clear of any with salt or citrus because they can be quite drying. I would say Honey I Washed My Hair, Soak and Float and Godiva sound best for you :)

      Thank you! Alice x

      Delete
  4. i definitely want to try these, they even look pretty!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so intrigued by the shampoo bars! I'll have to pick one up next time I'm in Lush:)
    thumble-nina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, exciting! Let me know if you do and which one :)

      Delete
  6. I think I might have to pick up Jason and the Argon Oil purely for the name! x

    Ornella @ euhnella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha, Ikr! The names all across Lush are great :)

      Delete
  7. You definitely should! They look, smell and are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I brought Jason and the Argon Oil a couple of weeks ago. I've fallen in love with them and need to purchase more!

    www.wheresmylipstick.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same! I knew that I would buy more when I first tried it :)

      Delete
  9. Hmm, wonder if I can get it in the U.S.? Great post, thanks for sharing!

    Made in Mauve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should be able to, or your could order from the UK which I'm sure be quite pricey :(
      Thanks x

      Delete

THANKS FOR COMMENTING