4/06/2015

Creating a Creative Space





I teamed up with WeWork to discuss creative spaces. WeWork are a coworking company that offer beautiful office spaces. After seeing what they work with, I was so inspired to inject my own space with maximum creative surroundings. 

My creative space is all about motivation and positivity. I strive to keep a calm and bright environment around me because I feel it ensures the most fresh and innovative ideas. 

The majority of my work done is on my Mac Book or in notepads. I have a draw with a pile of different size notepads, all of which serve their own purpose. The notepads themselves have to be very colourful and ready to work with. My current favourite has flowers on the front cover which really reflects my personality. 

To heart, I am a girly-girl. I love the feminine touches and, as much as I idolise these chic white office spaces,  a floral pattern never fails to win me over. I think one of my favourite decorations in a creative space is pattern on white. I have a white wall and I loved adding my fabric covered cork board. I find it's really essential to express with colour. 

Detail is also very important within my creative space. I like to call it 'eye-food'. Lots of little things to look at is far better one plain thing to look at. This is particularly why I love my large world map (from IKEA). There's so much to look at and learn about from that one picture. It's so interesting and that is a fantastic spark for creativity. 

As a round up, my office, my bedroom and my chill-out area is my creative space all in one place. My ideal creative space requires comfort and attractive surroundings in order to stimulate ingenuity. 

What's your dream creative space?

Thank you to WeWork for this opportunity.

10 comments

  1. i love the shelf and decorations around-looks lovely!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came over here after you commented on my blog! I love your photography. My dream creative space would be a bright room with white walls and quirky accents of colour, also there would have to be lots of beanbags <3

    Niamh xoxo

    http://ow.ly/LkJHN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, beanbags would be great too :D

      Delete
  3. That board is really cute !
    xoxo,

    http://atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!:) I've actually taken it down now and replaced it :o

      Delete
  4. i definitely need a space like this of my own, my room is just a bunch of clutter at the moment!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One thing about white walls is that they can make the place look cleaner :)

      Delete
  5. My room need's re-decorating before I think about making something this lovely! Bright green walls and a carpet to match doesn't quite do it for me ;) That map is gorgeous!

    My dream creative space would be a sound proof room with cushions instead of carpet, walls filled with film posters and my DVD collection at hand ... so long as he behaves, I could stretch to a couple of cuddle sessions with my dog between work, but I highly doubt he would!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have actually changed this look completely now because my creativity switches a lot :)

      Delete

THANKS FOR COMMENTING