12/29/2014

Boutique Salon Soft Waves Hair by BaByliss


As a Christmas present from my parents I got a curling wand. I asked for a wide wand because I really wanted to achieve big, soft curls. The wand that I got was the BaByliss Boutique one which is a large wand with 4 temperatures, perfect for longer hair. The picture above shows how I prefer to use this curling wand: just curling the ends of my hair for a gentle style.


The box contains the wand, a heat pad with storage pocket and a small heat protection glove. The current offer in Boots is fantastic, with £10.00 off, it is now £30. That price is fantastic because it's an universal item that supposedly has 5 years guarantee.
 I also really love the presentation of the product with the box being a chic pale pink/cream to match the soft, almost-rose-gold colour of the iron; it's quite a difficult colour to describe but all you need to know is that it is pretty. 



One of the features that I love is that the time it takes to heat up is very short which is great for days when I don't really have too much time. I have been mostly using 180ºC.
 I curl my hair around the wand, avoiding twisting in the process, then I'll leave it wrapped around for about 10 seconds. Once I've released it, I hold the curl in my gloved hand (making sure it's the gloved hand because the curl is still hot) for a few seconds to ensure the curl settles in shape. 

Lastly, my only difficulty with this product is that the curls will drop during the day and they definitely will be scarce the next day. I have very fine, long, fair hair so maybe I just don't have an ideal hair type therefore it's an opinion that may only apply to myself. I think I will try and find something that will keep these curls stronger for longer. 

What's your favourite hair styling equipment?
Twitter || Bloglovin'

15 comments

  1. Just get a really good hairspray and they wont drop as much! Sounds like a good product nonetheless though! :D
    Ellie,xx
    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was using a light weight hairspray but I'll start using my heavier one :D
      Thanks!

      Alice x

      Delete
  2. Probably just my straightening iron and some good bobby pins! Really lovely post, you have gorgeous hair! <3

    Xoxoxo
    http://thoughtsintiffanyblue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You hair looks so pretty! I'm so lucky that I have naturally curly hair so I don't have to use heat on it. If you spray each section with hairspray before you curl it, they should stay in for longer!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, I do have naturally curly hair but I don't like it because it's frizzy so I'd rather get this kind of effect :)
      Thanks for the tips!

      Alice x

      Delete
  4. your hair looks amazing!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Alice! I just wanted to let you know that I've put your blog down on my page of Favourite Blogs! :)
    Megan x meguana.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, I appreciate that :D
      I'll check it the page!

      Alice x

      Delete
  6. I love your post! Hope you have a great New Year!

    theworldisfullofbeautyxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh i NEED that wand! Love you blog..

    Hannah Rose

    ReplyDelete
  8. The 20 Best Premium Jewelry Armoires. Our main goal is to provide you with the best jewelry storage solutions available. Jewelry armoires are by far the most versatile pieces of decorative furniture you can find. They are perfect for any type of accessory, off best quality jewelry armoires

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR COMMENTING