10/31/2014

What I've Been Reading



This summer I planned to read as many books as possible but I struggled because I could never find the time or sometimes the motivation.

I took 'Will Grayson, Will Grayson' on holiday and wasn't sure if I'd finish it. It turns out that 6 days into my 2 weeks holiday I had finished it. So I had to buy a book whilst on holiday, this didn't promise much choice but it was OK.

I shall do a short review (Spoiler free) of each of them:


Will Grayson, Will Grayson - John Green, David Levithan
I gave this a superb 5 stars on Goodreads. This is a novel written by John Green and David Levithan which are both tremendous authors. I'm pretty sure you've heard of at least one of those authors. The chapters alternate between authors. The main plot is of two different people - with the same name - that cross paths and build a story. It's such an uplifting story, really feel-good and definitely a suitable holiday read.

Moonrise (Warriors: The New Prophecy #2) - Erin Hunter
Wow well where do I start with this. This was the best book I could find on holiday. It is the 2nd book of the 2nd instalment of a series. The only reason I got this one was because it is about cats. Unfortunately it only got a 3 stars on Goodreads because I really couldn't get used to talking cats.

How I Live Now - Meg Rosoff
This is a very popular book that is a film. It really didn't do anything for me though. I hate to express how insensitive and ill-explained it was. I gave it 4 stars because there was a decent chunk towards the end. This story is about war which is something that isn't particularly my favourite book genre and I feel like the main character approached the war really oddly.

Thirteen - Tom Hoyle
5 stars!! Yes, yes, yes and yes! This book was soo good. It's a chilling thriller packed full of action and excitement. I don't often like action and thriller films so for this to go down so well with me was fantastic and I solely base that on the fact that it was amazingly written. Every character is bold and the story throughout is clear and swiftly fast moving. It's also a beautiful looking book. I recommend this greatly.

Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist - Rachel Cohn, David Levithan
Another part-Levithan novel here which I am currently reading so I cant comment too much on this because I've only very recently. I've started reading this because I want a romance contemporary because after this I will be reading the sequel to Thirteen (out Nov 6th) and in between the two action packed stories I wanted a light book.


I noticed that my recently books are all yellow and purple, how pretty.
Twitter || Instagram || Goodreads

8 comments

  1. Wonderful books, love such posts.
    I'm also a big bookworm, especially in the autumn I like to read many books. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I started reading 'how I live now' and couldn't finish it. I agree with you that it just didn't cut it. Oh, if you've read Eat, Pray, Love - it's the same (imo), one of those books that you just can't finish.
    The John Green book sounds amazing and I can't believe I've never heard of it before! Definitely adding that to my list! <3
    xoxo,

    BerryBloomXO.com | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad I've inspired you to read Will Grayson, Will Grayson and feel free to let me know your thoughts on it anytime :)

      Delete
  3. I'm not really a big fan of reading (I always tend to fall asleep when I'm reading a book) but I'd love to read 'The Fault In Our Stars' by John Green one day. Or maybe I will just watch the movie :) (so lame, haha).
    Thank you very much for visiting my blog! I really appreciate that!

    Sofie x
    Little green Sofie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nooo, it's not lame I completely understand :) although I would say read the book if TFIOS because it such well written :)

      No problem, it was a pleasure :)
      Alice x

      Delete
  4. I'm not a big John Green fan...controversial! Thirteen sounds really good though and the sort of thing I like :) I'm currently loving Marie Lu's Legend series it's fab!

    Heather x
    http://heatherrrrm.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to check those out sometime, thanks x

    Alice x

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR COMMENTING