3/06/2020

Styling for Spring with Oasis*


*This blog post is in collaboration with Oasis Fashion and contains gifted items.


Everyone and their dog wants to wear neutral, muted tones this spring. The new Oasis X Frankie Bridge collection brings all of this together with the most flattering shapes and elegant details.

Use code: ALICEDEL for Free Delivery on your next Oasis order!

When deciding the looks I wanted to go for this Spring, I knew I wanted to jump on the neutral band-wagon (because it's a bandwagon that I'd be on in any season) and keep it practical. In the North East, we get some of the most bizarre weather days - waking up to rain but finishing work while the sun sets - so I've styled combos that are perfect for those unpredictable days.

Faux Leather Jacket: Oasis | Cream Top: River Island | Midi Skirt: Oasis | Boots: New Look

The Leather Look...

Before we get too hopeful with any amount of sun, we've got to remember the chilly wind out there. Bare legs under this beautiful midi skirt require a bit more warmth up top. I went for this smooth, classic Biker Faux Leather Jacket and, to keep that leather-look tied throughout the outfit, I slipped on my trusty New Look boots (which have been my saviour this winter). If you wanted to ditch the leather, you could opt for a soft-tone cardigan and some of your comfiest tan sandals.

The Midi Skirt is a straight style, with two medium-length slits down each side. It zips at the side which does make it very subjective for sizing - the skirt I'm wearing could do with a tighter waist to fit my body shape, but the smaller size would most likely be too small on the hips. I think I might add a little bit of elastic to this, though, because I do love the style and colour for the spring months.


Cardigan: Oasis | Jeans: ASOS |  Belt: New Look | Trainers: H&M

The Slouched Cardi...

This super lightweight khaki cardigan is ideal to pop over your favourite white-tee and to be french tucked into your fave jeans. These straight-leg jeans are new in my wardrobe and I'm really enjoying the relaxed, retro vibe they give. Partnered with a boxy cardigan, it's a cosy but fresh outfit, ideal for covering up between the sunny patches.

If you were looking for a more tailored look, you could pick out some fitted black jeans. Tuck the cardigan in all around the waist; layer some delicate jewellery and pop on some heeled boots or sandals. The cardigan serves to soften the glam, but still add an edge.

As the collection synopsis mentions...

'Frankie’s new edit [includes] easy and uplifting pieces; most-wanted midi dresses, throw-on silhouettes and versatile separates you’ll wear again and again.'

What outfits are you styling for Spring?

4 comments

  1. I love the leather jacket and midi skirt look! The full Frankie collection is so nice isn’t it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I - it's not my typical kind of look but I really like it :)

      Delete
  2. I love the leather jacket, it looks so good with the outfit! I lovee to wear neutrals all year long so I'm definitely one of those people xx


    My Lovelier Days

    ReplyDelete
  3. These outfits are so nice! I love the midi-skirt outfit. It's such a pretty look x

    Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR COMMENTING