6/07/2019

JUNE '19 GOALS


It's a been a while since I popped a goals post up on the blog, perhaps because for the past few Uni-filled months I've either been plodding along getting whatever needs doing whenever it needs doing or because I haven't had a pretty minute to even think about what I wanted to achieve. Now, though, Uni has finished for summer so hopefully, I can pay a lot more love and attention to my blog, including posting more and more and getting back to what I love. Here are my goals for the next month.

QUIT THE GYM
Kicking it off with something that some of you may be a little bit confused by, yes, you read it right, I really want to quit the gym. It's something you don't really hear people saying with such pride but, the reason why I'm so confidently boasting my decision is that I'm proud to be listening to my body and mind. I've been attending the gym a few times a week for the past 4 months and, with 2 months left of my fixed term, I've decided that I'm better off saving myself that awful guilt when I'm too busy to go, or the niggling anxiety that comes with self-comparison to others. My favourite form of exercise is resistance training (being something I'm happy to do at home) and walking out in the fresh air and nature. For me, this means there is no real need for me to deal with the anxieties that the gym brought, let alone the money. 

EAT WHAT I WANT
In smooth relation to the previous point, I'm going to be changing my diet this month, specifically my mindset towards 'dieting'. This is something I'm going to elaborate further on in a future post but after finally establishing my issues with Body Dysmorphic Disorder, I've decided that the best thing I can do is live a balanced life. This means training my mind to not feel guilty about an extra bit of cheese on my pasta, and not being receptible to the unproven food fads that the media dishes out (if you can pardon the pun). I've been unhappy in myself and my body for around a year now, what with repeatedly trying different dieting methods and feeling self-hatred when I fail to see results (usually in addition to my ingrained lack of patience) so I'm now determined to eat what I want, yearn for real nutrition, educate myself on the actual truth about foods, and be happier. 


READ WITH NO PRESSURE
The running theme of this post is clearly self-acceptance and definitely follows suit in this next point. In June, I'd love to get back into reading but allow myself to take as long as I want when reading a book. I used to always put pressure on myself to read one chapter a night or as many books as I could in a month (I'm looking at you, patronizing Good Reads 'Reading challenge'). Admittedly, I'd love to be able to say 'Oh, yes, I read 50 books this year' but that would probably require me to sit in bed for 90% of my life, earning no money, no education, and no social skills at all. This month, I'm accepting the fact that I'm a slow reader, I only read one chapter a day, if not half, and sometimes I even skip days. What can I say, I'm leading a reckless life.

UP MY INSTA GAME
This doesn't mean post more and more and get as many followers as possible, this means capturing more of what I enjoy capturing. After recently adoring the content of those who post portrait shots, wearing effortless outfits and in interesting locations, I'd love to reach further and achieve this kind of thing with my own style. Whether this will include nabbing more outfit shots while I'm out and about, becoming more comfortable posing in public, or dedicating days out with a camera, hunting down great locations. I'm going to make sure that the content I want to start producing gets done, no matter what it takes.

What do you want to achieve this month?

8 comments

  1. I am loving these goals of yours! I don’t think I’ve seen anyone openly say they are quitting the gym and I think that’s great, I did the same thing as I wasn’t enjoying it and hardly going but now I go to a separate class once or twice a week and feel a lot better. I also love that your going to read how you want as sometimes I feel the pressure to read a book super quick! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I'm so glad I'm not the only one! Thank you x

      Delete
  2. Such a fun post and I enjoyed reading up on your June Goals. You have inspired me to do the same! Reading is one of my goals for this month. I purchased 2 books in March and have not had the time to finish. At first I was pressuring myself which caused me to not want to read anymore. I think Im going to approach it differently and just read whenever I can with no pressure.

    Thank you for sharing and will be on the lookout for your next month goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad this has inspired you and I hope you enjoy your books! x

      Delete
  3. I love a good goals post! These are great - and nice to see something a bit different on a goals list too. I love your outfit in these photos!

    Jenny
    http://www.jennyinneverland.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The whole outfit is New Look x

      Delete
  4. I love how all of these goals focus on what you truly want, good for you for quitting the gym and ridding yourself of that anxiety! I also think it's great to post more of what you want, I may try and do that myself xx

    Sending light & love your way,

    My Lovelier Days

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR COMMENTING