6/24/2018

SPF SKINCARE PRODUCTS TO TAKE ON HOLIDAY THIS YEAR


One thing that I will no doubt get on holiday is an OTT cliche red, burnt nose and have a bunch of freckles all over my face. I'm a Fair, English rose, and the sun likes to remind me of it before I get the chance to say 'suncream'. On this holiday though, I am determined to make sure that everything going on my face is going to keep me protected*. Here are the 3 SPF facial skincare products that I'll be using:

*Disclaimer: None of these products are designed to be used for sunbathing. The highest SPF content amongst the products is 20 (average) and therefore only provides medium protection for day-to-day use.

LA ROCHE POSAY HYDREANE BB CREAM - SPF 20
    I've had this product for a pretty long time now and, to be honest, it's barely been used because I've never really found the right time. I also kind of feel as though I've learned to love it as I've grown up; I've learned to love the fresh, clean smell of it, rather than wishing for something sweeter and I'm happy with the low coverage that it provides now when previously I would have been more interested in higher coverage than protective qualities.
    Anyhow, I wouldn't spread the word about it being a beautiful makeup base but I would certainly recommend it as a brilliant way to add a bit of coverage and evenness to the face if you needed a little sun protection at the same time. I reckon it's perfect for an early evening meal when the sun is low in the sky but you want to dress up a little.

VEIL COVER CREAM - SPF MEDIUM
    After attending a Blogger event for this product and trying out the Sample Kit, I fell in love with this product - a few months later I bought the full-size tub. The shade that I use is called Medium (don't let the name fool you, there are sooo many different shades and the sample kits are amazing for working yours out) and the coverage that it gives off a just tiny amount of product is amazing! I can't believe that it has a Medium SPF as well - it's almost too good to be true.
    Originally designed for covering marks and 'imperfections' on a persons face, this cream creates a more than ample coverage for my redness and uneven skin tone in it's UK state so I'm really excited for it to work its magic on my rosy red cheeks.
    I'll be particularly focussing on my nose for this, as that's where I tend to get badly burnt (although this time around I want to take extra care of my nose with SPF). Usually, foundation products don't sit well on my nose for whatever reason, it almost always seems to disappear from my skin or go dry and scaley - however, Veil Cover Cream isn't called 'Cream' just for the giggles; it also has lovely moisturising qualities so generally sits a little better on my seemingly problematic snout.


BOTANICS RADIANT YOUTH DAY CREAM - SPF 15
    Perhaps the lowest Sun Protection Factor of them all but definitely my favourite product. For the past few weeks I have been loving this product and the reason why I've decided to pack it in my holiday bags is that not only does it work well with my skin, it has an SPF 15.
    When I initially received the product I kind of just assumed that it was like any old anti-wrinkle cream and definitely not something that I would typically be seen using at the grand old age of 19. Nevertheless, I continued using it and, as soon as I started smelling it on my skin I was hooked. The Gingko ingredient gives it a beautiful scent, reminiscent of Parma Violets. And here's the thing, if you know me or have followed my blog for a while, you'll know that for years I wouldn't go anywhere near a daily facial moisturiser if it wasn't the La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume B5. Admittedly, I didn't really like this somewhat 'addiction' that I had to the cream, not only because of it's hefty price tag, but because it wasn't really designed to be a twice daily moisturiser due to how rich it is. Now that this little angel has come along, I haven't gone near the Cicaplast tube in WEEKS!
    I use this Day Cream during the day after cleansing as a hydrating moisturiser that will provide protection from any UV rays then, after my evening shower, I pop the complimenting Night Cream for that last boost of moisture while I sleep. And my skin? It's never been better. Whether it's a fluke or if this cream is the perfect richness and hydration for me, nevertheless, I've been spot-free for weeks.
    If you're going on holiday this year, I would 100% recommend that you take this cream with you for a feeling of refresh and protected skin on a morning. In fact, this product would work just as many magical wonders on the UK summer days too.

Which SPF skincare products do you swear by?

2 comments

  1. I definitely want to give the Veil Cover Cream. My face has been so red lately.

    Steph x
    www.wanderlustpulse.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing! It's quite pricey but it goes sooo far x

      Delete

THANKS FOR COMMENTING