8/10/2017

THE 5 PECULIAR REASONS TO BLOG


Blogging is great and many people recommend it. Lots of people say it's great for talking about your interests, engaging with people and making friends, starting a business and documenting your life. They aren't wrong. Blogging does come with many benefits, but what are the more peculiar reasons for you to blog that no-one really talks about?

IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU
Yep, that's right - whip out your inner Sharpay Evans and let everyne know how fabulous you are. Don't get me wrong, no one wants to here you brag on and on about yourself like an angelic goddess, but if that person is reading your blog, they are most likely there to know what you're getting up to or find out your opinions. Embrace it and indulge in the fact that people are interested in you. Don't be afraid to think about Number One sometimes.

IT LOOKS GOOD ON YOUR CV
My CV had a section about my blog, explaining the skills that I have achieved from the experience. Think about it; you gain communication, computer, creative, independent, analytical/statistical, and for the lucky ones, business skills. Employers might really like the idea that you have a modern, creative hobby. The same goes for Personal Statements for Unis. My college encouraged info about blogs to be stated on our PS because, as well as showing skills, it proves that you do more than sit on the bed all day playing on your Nintendo (heh, sometimes). 

A PROBLEM SHARED IS A PROBLEM HALVED
Feeling down? Write about it. It doesn't have to be published if you don't want it to. Blogging is a great way to pour your heart out and, as I said, share your opinions. Understandably, sharing your opinions usually has to remain PC but, if you have a problem that you reckon others might be able to help you with, grab your keyboard and get writing because, chances are, someone will do the same for you in the comments section. 

YOU LEARN
Believe it or not, you can learn sh*t from blogging. As well as learning how to build a sentence that looks intelligible to readers, you can even get the chance to learn buisness-y stuff. Plus, even if your blog isn't a piggy-bank, you might EVEN end up learning a thing or two about yourself.

IT ISN'T EASY
I'm aware, no advert or persuasive text is ever going to tell you that their product is crap but, with blogging, it's the challenge that sometimes brings a thrill. I definitely feel a sense of pride when I post a blog post because writing a post takes brain work, planning, creativity, the long hard stare at the page when your mind blanks, and the re-read after re-read before you press that little orange 'publish' button. Yes, you're faced with a challenge but it's worth it. 


What are the reasons that you blog?

16 comments

  1. I actually haven't put my blog anywhere on my CV yet - oops! It's so true though, there are so many aspects to blogging that people don't think about. Blogging is what actually sparked my interest in marketing which is what I'd like to go into after uni now! x
    www.misszarabelle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's brilliant!! Tbh, you don't have to put it on your CV too much - maybe just in personal hobbies/interests. You can always talk about it in job interviews :) x

      Delete
  2. I 100% agree that having your blog on your CV is a good idea. I can't even begin with the skills I've learned by creating and owning my blog! It's crazy!

    -GG
    www.girlingamba.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm the same! Some of the skills you learn without realising too x

      Delete
  3. Great post! I love my blog because it's my little corner of the internet where I choose what goes. It's interesting you mentioned about blogging looking good on your CV. I'm 33 and I've never thought to put it on mine, since it's not something people talked about when I started doing it. But it's definitely helped me out with my current job, and now I write the corporate blog for the business I work for. I've been able to bring skills from this hobby into my work life. So now I'm off to update my CV!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The skills that you learn are definitely beneficial for modern employment. Communication, writing, technological understanding etc... definitely worth it x

      Delete
  4. I have struggled to ever mention blogging in a school or professional setting. For some reason I keep thinking that people have bad views over blogs instead of good ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think some people can dismiss blogging but I guess that's why it's important to only mention it when the moment is right. E.g. if you're asked for examples of communication or technology you can throw blogging in there :) x

      Delete
  5. Definitely agree that you definitely can write your problems out!!!!!! I love doing that :)

    xx Sofia | SOFIAADOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recently had a clear out of drafts that I would never publish just because they were personal matters but I enjoy writing out a good rant - it can make me feel better x

      Delete
  6. This is fab! I agree with every single one, especially your point about blogging helping you get things off your chest and that a problem shared is a problem halved xx
    liv
    livwrites.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog and photos are gorgeous! I had never thought of some of these before, I do agree it's such a challenge to be a one girl band but is so rewarding in so many ways :D I can't wait to read more! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara
    (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So true i few times write a post about something that upset me or else (last time was about my awful birth experience) but never actually post it. But just writing it made me feel better ! great tips ! :)

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been feeling a bit "meh " about blogging lately, and honestly love reading posts like these! They just remind me of why I love blogging and how it can be good for you if you put effort into it 💕 Lovely post with verry good points!

    Imaan | theaugustclause.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yey, I'm so happy that it has made you feel that way and, don't worry, we all go through dry patches x

      Delete

THANKS FOR COMMENTING