10/24/2015

HOW TO LOVE YOUR FEET





Feet are weird and wonderful. No matter whether you love them or hate them, they still need a little TLC from time to time. Here's a few of tips that I've collected on how to care for your feet. 

FILING - I'm guilty of not doing this enough, but it's important to file away any dead skin on your feet. This stops the build up of hard skin and leaves them look smooth and feeling a lot easier to walk on. Foot files can build up with dead skin - ew, that's gross - so you should change them often.

PAINTING - Dress up those little piggies. By using a base coat, it can stop staining on your toes. Also, painting your toe nails can last weeks, so you don't have to do it often. 

SCRUBS - Using mittens and an exfoliating is another way of saying goodbye to that pesky, dry skin. I use The Body Shop Peppermint Pumice Foot Scrub, which smells fantastic and does a great job.

WASHING - It's not ideal to scrub every time you're in the bath/shower because you could end up with sore feet, but you should make sure that your feet are always washed to get rid of dirt and germs that could cause infection.

DRYING - It sounds strange, but not enough people dry their feet properly (in-between their toes). Not doing this well can lead to Athlete's foot. 

MOISTURISE - Pick any thick, strong moisturiser and treat your feet to a good silky finish. Rub in moisturiser then pop on some socks to keep it all in and stop you from slipping around the place. I use The Body Shop Peppermint Intensive Foot Rescue which smells irresistible. 

SHOP LATER - Strangely enough, your feet swell during the day meaning they are at their biggest in the afternoon, therefore it's ideal to shoe shop in the afternoon to get the right size and comfort.

By caring for your feet, you can definitely love your feet.
How do you care for your feet?




6 comments

  1. I really need to use foot scrubs and foot creams more, I rarely ever use them!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's easier to do it often when you find one that you really like :)

      Delete
  2. I really dont pay attention to my feet at all. This collection looks great though, I might have to give it a try.
    x
    Charlotte - http://www.alifeofacharlotte.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely do, the smell shocked me at first because I didn't expect it but I looove it :D

      Delete
  3. I love this range, I must stock up again as it smells amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely repurchase the scrub when I run out because it's going down pretty quickly!

      Delete

THANKS FOR COMMENTING