2/16/2015

Catch Up Sessions #1


I've had a lot going on recently, from christmas onwards. I wanted to put up a post that was just a bit chattier and personal. I have a list of things I'd like to natter about - all random.

I had mock exams in preparation for my real ones in two months time and they were... meh? I kind of felt confident in my geography which I was pretty worried about because I have an awful habit of skim-reading the questions and then I read it wrong. I also managed to get the necessary revision done before hand which helped. My only exam that had me feeling awful when I left was my Maths. Maths is just boring therefore my marvellous 'don't-read-the-question-properly' kicks in. I 99% feel like I haven't reached my target grade in that exam and it's worrying me a lot - I need to find a way to sort it out.

Unfortunately, I haven't had chance to read anything in about 3 weeks due to the exams and the fact that I got Sims3 up-and-running on my laptop. I'm currently reading 'I'll Give You The Sun' by Jandy Nelson which is a gorgeous book with excellent reviews. I'm only one chapter in because each is just so long so I can't find the time to read a chapter because I'm already quite a slow reader. Ugh! Before this I finished reading Reboot by Amy Tintera on my Kindle and it was a fantastic ending. I look forward to reading the sequel (that's if I ever read - jeez). I've also just purchased a copy of The Great Gatsby to read and study before college starts.

Luckily, I have a week off now which makes me happy. A week off after two weeks of exams is bliss because I can stop stressing. My skin suffered during my stressful weeks - I had an allergic reaction to concealer and I haven't started wearing it again yet; I'm going to give it another week even though my skin is a lot better. It's as though it knew my exams were over because it got better over night.

It's a busy month next month which I'm looking forward to. It's my birthday, good movies are released, friend's birthdays, more college open night and of course McBusted. I'm super excited for McBusted because I was lucky enough to get the 'MEAT and Greet' so I get to go and meet the boys - WHAT?! :o

Overall, January and February has been a roller coaster ride. It's nice to write a post to catchup with my goings-on. I also faced some fantastic opportunities this month that I look forward to getting my teeth into.

Stay smiling.
Twitter || Bloglovin

6 comments

  1. jandy nelson is a great writer :) enjoy mcbusted

    NEW POST Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love her writing so far!:) Thank you.

      Alice x

      Delete
  2. Hope your exams went okay! Welcome back.

    Hannah Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Hannah! So do I :)

      Alice x

      Delete
  3. I hope your exams come out on top! :) I definitely wish I had this motivation when I was at school, I spent majority of my time at home to miserable to show up haha

    Luckily I made it into college and a lot of things have changed for me :) x

    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, I know it's really difficult to keep it up when all you want to do is chill :p
      Thank you x

      Alice

      Delete

THANKS FOR COMMENTING