7/15/2019

A Long Weekend in East London


Aside from wearing my midi skirts relentlessly and continuing my undying love for them, I got up to a few other interesting things in London on my recent trip.

With my sister living in London, we hitched on the back of their accommodation and ended up with a fairly cheap stay in the big town meaning, luckily for us, we had more money to spend on great food and drinks. And this, we did!

We spent 2 of our 3 nights in Islington, enjoying the local town and being amazed at how much it really doesn't feel like London. The other night was spent in central, dipping our toes in the tourist pond. The entire time we were there, the temperature was above 30 degrees so midi skirts became my best friends and, after a long day of walking around, we all slept like logs. Nevertheless, it was a wonderful trip; here's what we got up to.



While I was running around the city streets, I decided to capture little moments of the trip and create an IGTV video to share with you all as well as keep as a little memory keep-sake. You can watch that above.

DAY ONE    (0.00) We explored Ridley Road Market and the bizzare wonders that come with it (as well as funky smells) then stopped off at Cafe Route  for an iced coffee and cake. This day was HOT so we just had to take it easy to tollerate the temp. After cleaning up and changing into lighter clothes, we headed into central. First it was drinks at the wonderful Zedel, then Salvador and Amanda, topped off with food at Covent Garden's Masala Zone. All three were wonderful! After a stroll around covent garden and Summerset House, it was home for rest.  

DAY TWO  (1.44) One of my favourite parts of this day was seeing the wonderful Columbia Road Flower Market followed by a look down Brick Lane, leading us to amazing breakfast at Blanchette. After more Brick Lane wondering, we headed to Hyde Park with the original intention of going on the pedal boats but actually just ending up lounging on the grass under the sunshine. The long day of walking around in the sun ended with cocktails in Dirty Martini and classic pizzas in Pizza Express

DAY THREE   (4.32) Starting at Camden Lock, we grabbed breakfast then headed for a day at London Zoo - something I've never done before. I'm always eager to see animals so this was great fun. We finished the trip with more martinis (we loved it there), and a 3 course meal in a wonderful french bistro, Le Sacre Coure.

And that sums it up! The best 3 days I've ever spent in London with such little anxiousness and very fond memories to look back on. I can definitely see myself visiting more and more now that I've overcome any reservations, so do leave your East London recommendations below!

4 comments

  1. Sounds like you had an amazing time! I've been meaning to visit Columbia Road Flower Market for ages x

    http://www.emmalisa.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is soooo wonderful! A brilliant experience :) x

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a wonderful time - I can't believe I've never been to Columbia Road Flower Market, I must go!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fabulous - you will definitely love it :) x

      Delete

THANKS FOR COMMENTING