9/23/2018

MORE HABITS THAT I WANT TO TAKE ON


If you saw this post from way back in March, you'll know that I enjoy setting myself little 'goals' consisting of habits that I want to add into my daily, weekly, or monthly routine. At the moment, I'm totally out of routine and, to be honest, I was back then. With Uni starting very shortly, I will definitely get a bit more of a routine which I'm so excited for. The habits that I want to make sure are added to my new routine include:

Read more articles.
Speaking of reading, I think it's all well and good for me to start reading more as Uni comes around, but I have recently found a way of reading up-to-date and topical content that's related to my studies. I have been using the App Pocket on my phone so that every time I see an article that covers something I'm interested in (e.g. English Language, Linguistics, Reading, etc.) I can save it in Pocket to read later; perhaps while I eat breakfast or just before I go to sleep. I've already found that reading these articles have helped me feel a lot more 'with it'. A lot of educational books that I've been reading were published years and years ago but, by reading these articles, I can get the 2018 viewpoint. It's brilliant the way you can have them all in one place and sort them into groups too - I 100% need to get using this for my own advantage.


Wear my glasses.
Surely I'm not the only person who needs glasses, never wants to wear them, then ends up complaining about their eyesight, am I? Yeah, well that's me. As I say, with Uni starting which means a lot more reading and writing, I really need to get back into the habit of popping my geggs on my head in order to prevent any headaches or, even worse, eyesight worsening. They may not be the most convenient things, but they certainly make words a whole lot clearer.

Start Jogging.
Once you've finished laughing, you can carry on reading. I know, can you believe that I just said the 'J' word? Well, let me explain: It's more the 'E' word (exercise) that I want to add into my routine this time as, before my holiday, I used to really enjoy the thrill of feeling active. This time, once my routine is firmly into place, I'd love to start making use of the local park by taking the time twice or three times a week to go for a jog or brisk walk. It's free and gets me out into my favourite place - the great outdoors. 

Be more organised.
I'm not saying that I'm not an organised person, I just really want to keep it up and make sure that I can take all the necessary steps for a stress-free life. This includes making sure I make use of the Calendar App on my phone, adding in dates, appointments and events, as well as setting reminders for things like 'Time to Send [friend] a Birthday Card' or '[xxx] food goes out of date tomorrow'. Taking the time out on an evening to do these things, instead of glueing my eyes to the TV, will hopefully be something that can make my days so much easier and flow that little bit better. 


What habits do you have in your day-to-day routine? 

12 comments

  1. i reaaaally need to whip my butt into gear as well and try and get some more exercise...summer bodies are made in winter right?!

    beaut photos!

    katie. xx lacoconoire.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! And, I just know that there's no resisting the mince pies this Xmas, so I've really gotta start deserving them :P x

      Delete
  2. I definitely need to pick up jogging again, it makes me feel so much better! I love the sound of that pocket app too.

    Lucy | www.lucy-cole.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last time I went jogging I hated it - haha! I just need to learn my own style and limits with it, then I'm sure I'll enjoy it more :) x

      Delete
  3. I'm with you on being organised, I like to think I'm relatively organised already but I'd love to keep it that way to avoid any stress where possible. The calendar app on my phone is honestly my best friend haha!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm starting to get the hang of using it and I love the way I can see my events on my laptop and my phone - it's great :D x

      Delete
  4. I 100% relate to the sunglasses part hheh, you motivated me to set myself new habits from now on , I already have some like : drinking my 1.5 L of water daily...but I wanna include reading to my daily routine and Ifeel like there is no better time for it than Autumn x

    todaysouhaila.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Autumn is perfect for sitting inside, cosy with books :) x

      Delete
  5. Good luck with your goals! I defo need to start jogging and do some sort of exercise x

    www.lifeasnajida.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved reading as always Alice, love the piccys too! I've been trying to be more organised lately as well, definitely need to use the calendar app more often! Wishing you all the best at uni xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love setting weekly goals! Even though sometimes it's a bit of a challenge to achieve them..you know, when I'm being extra lazy. Awful! haha

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR COMMENTING