2/11/2018

3 WAYS TO INCREASE BLOG TRAFFIC FROM SCHEDULING TWEETS


Over the past 6 months, I have been working harder to have tweets scheduled as much as I can and there is absolutely no doubt that it has pretty much doubled my pageviews - perhaps even more than doubled. It's a crucial part of my Blog Routine but, to make it the most effective part, there are some tips and tricks that can really help.

If you're struggling to get to grips with how to schedule your tweets for maximum exposure, here are just a few things that could get you started.

1. EXPERIMENT WITH HASHTAGS
There are SO many different hashtag accounts out and about on Twitter - more and more are made every day. It's no secret that some of the accounts are more active than others to tend to lean more towards a particular type of content than another, there's nothing wrong with this, but it's up to you to find out which RT accounts are going to be the most active and responsive to your content. For example, don't go using hashtags for Beauty Bloggers if you're a Book Blogger - the chances are, the Beauty Blogger RT account isn't going to prioritize sharing your content over the tweets about Beauty.

Make sure you try as many different hashtags as you can and figure out which of them are the best and will be more favourable to your content. You can also have a little hunt through their feed to see how often they ReTweet and even the kind of time that they generally ReTweet - this can be beneficial for deciding on a time for your post to go up.

My current favourite hashtags to use are @AllThoseBlogs @TheBloggerCrowd,  @BloggersTribe,
#lbloggers (which generally attracts a few different accounts) and so many more. Indeed, alongside the RT accounts there are endless amounts of hashtags out there that, while these have less chance of spreading your promotion to more audiences, they have a lot more chance of hitting the right audience. For example, if you put a post up about your favourite cookie recipe, it's useful to use #BakingIdeas, or other food-related hashtags because that way it will reach out to people looking for, believe it or not, baking ideas! In some of my own tweets I change some of the keywords into hashtags; check out this tweet about my Places To Escape In Teesside blog post, I wrote: "10 Places to escape in #Teesside and #NorthYorkshire" to attract those who are searching for those particular things. This may not be spreading my content, but it's targeting my audience and this is equally as important.




2. DON'T OVERKILL IT
As someone who is associated with a community that reshares other bloggers content, I know first hand that it can be very irritating when you see the same blogger prop up in your notifications with the SAME promotion. To keep things fair, we can't ReTweet you a million times, so it's important to consider this when you're sending your own tweets out.

For the sake of your audience's views and to avoid spamming RT accounts, try and vary the hashtags and handles that you use. If possible, make sure you use that one hashtag maybe once a day but at different times, etc.

Another thing that I've learnt from over the years of blogging is that it's just plain unnecessary to tag 15 different RT accounts in one tweet. Schedule your tweets with, I would say, a maximum of 4 tags each time - no more. For starters, it just looks messy. If you're putting a tweet out about your latest blog post, don't let your link get drowned in the links of ALL those #'s. And, let's be honest, the chances are, not every single one of them will reshare the tweet, so keep it simple.

Lastly, the obvious one is, for the love of Blogger-God's, please don't feel like you need to tweet about your blog post every 2 minutes. Space the tweets out. Some people find it useful to look at their own particular stats to see when people are most active and schedule tweets for that time, which is fabulous. Personally, I like to schedule my tweets for 3 parts of the day: the Morning, between 7AM and 9:30AM when I know that most people will be getting up and out for school or work and flicking through their social media. Lunch Time between 11:30AM and 2PM. Then in the Evening after 5PM up until 11PM. This works for me and gives me chance to put my own personal tweets up and thus avoid my feed looking like one cluster of promotional tweets.

3. ALWAYS USE AN IMAGE
I have to say, I do see many bloggers doing this which is brilliant, however, when I see someone that hasn't attached an image or a link preview, it hurts a little inside. The reason why I think it is so important to attach an image to your tweet is that a lot of the time, it's what is first to catch the audiences eye. For example, a short while ago I popped along to twitter in order to find some new bloggers on Bloglovin. To do this I searched #Bloglovin and the Top Tweets in this section ALL had at least one image attached.

It's a quick, free and beneficial way to say to your reader 'look, this is what the blog post is all about'. Give them a snippet; a taste for what is behind that link.


☀︎ ☀︎ ☀︎ ☀︎ ☀︎

Those are perhaps some of the more detailed aspects of scheduling tweets that can help boost their effectiveness that little bit more. If you'd like me to do a blog post about the basic activity of scheduling tweets and how exactly I go about it, let me know!

5 comments

  1. This is a useful post! I always schedule my tweets and it brings in a lot of traffic xx

    Lucy | www.lucy-cole.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's brilliant - sometimes people don't realise how beneficial it really is! I couldn't work without it now haha x

      Delete
  2. looooads of helpful little tips here! i've got sooooo lazy with scheduling tweets recently, have been going for much more of an 'in the moment' approach, but definitely gotta get my ass back into it!

    katie. xx lacoconoire.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope this helps - it definitely changed the game for me :)

      Delete
  3. Such a helpful post! Thank you so much for sharing!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR COMMENTING