10/30/2016

OCTOBER IN PICTURES

This has been the month of baking. The first bake was a carrot loaf cake with cream cheese frosting which ended up being under baked. Then I started creating hand embroidery designs for my art work which I think are just the most adorable things ever. 
If you read my last post you'll know that I've been loving 'space buns'. I tried wearing them to college this month and just fell in love with how funky I felt and how easy they were to create. Definitely one of my fave hairstyles. 
Autumn kicked in too with my autumnal bedding, hot cross buns, gingerbread hot chocolates, and crackling WoodWick candles. 

I produced one of my best art works this month which I'm really happy with. It's a tonal shading of a 
hand which took about 5/6 hours. 
Around this time I also did another bake of chocolate orange marble loaf cake which went down well. 
On 24th, my boyfriend and I took a trip to the local Rose Gardens. We had a delicious hot lunch with drinks and a halloween themed hunt in the gardens. We then took about two hours to explore the hidden parts of the estate and it was so, so exciting - I had an amazing day. 
I practised doing a decorated drip cake in preparation from my christmas cake, the drips didn't go as perfect as I wanted, but I definitely learned for my final cake. With this I went for a carnival theme with pastel colours (which are a bit more vibrant in this picture). 
I did some nail art on my friend's nails. After not doing nail art in so long, it was nice to re-visit it. We kind of decided on a subtle hint of halloween 'drip' nails with a gorgeous rich pink colour from Essie: 'Big spender'.
My last bake of the month was Cherry Bakewell Tartlets which are a family favourite in my house. They were gone after two days - and I even made a batch of TWELVE. As well as them, I used the left over pastry for some cute little jam tarts, which also lasted just as long as the Bakewell tarts. 

Overall, I had quite a good month and I'm excited to get more baking done next week. 

What have you been doing this month?

13 comments

  1. I adore the lay out of this post, especially the polariod-kinda style pics. Also, the picture of you with your soup is so darn cute :p I'm super glad you had a good october and that you are back into blogging :)) xx
    katie-louu.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much, dear!!
      Miss you lots xxx

      Alice x

      Delete
  2. Oh wow your cakes look amazing! I love that little embroidery too, I do things like that myself and yours is adorable. Hope you have a fab November chick! x

    Always, Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you've done so many creative things this month! I love the cake.

    Roxie | The Beautiful Bluebird

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, I'm glad you think it's been creative - that's exactly how I like things to be :P
      Thank you, Alice

      Delete
  4. That drip cake looks amazing!! Looks like you've had a productive and fun month.xx

    LUCY | lucy-cole.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks so good! I've been getting into baking a bit more this month as well! x

    www.aimeroseblog.com

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR COMMENTING