12/30/2015

WHAT I READ IN 2015


This year I didn't read too much because it was a very busy year and reading, unfortunately, didn't become my priority. But, those that I did read, I mostly enjoyed. I read many of my most anticipated book this year and they didn't disappoint. 

I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson - This year, I found my favourite book in the shape of a stunning hardback packed with a terrific storyline. This coming of age, artistic novel speaks volumes from the perspective of two very contrasting siblings. This book had me feeling so many emotions but overall it was just so satisfying to read. 

Aristotle and Dante Discover The Secrets Of The Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz - I enjoyed this books so much because of the way it seemed to represent family values as well as portraying an adorable love story. It was fast paced and exciting but in a calming and pleasing way. I completely fell in love with these characters but especially the authors writing style. I would love to re-read this someday. 

The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson - After enjoying IGYTS so much, I decided to read another novel by Jandy Nelson. I liked this book but it didn't seem to capture me in the same was the other book did. This book centers around the struggles of mourning and love and, without spoiling it, I will say that there was one love interest that I found slightly strange. The only thing I took from this book was that I wanted to read more uplifting and happier books from then on - this one was just a bit too low from start to finish. 

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald - This book was read as part of my college course but I have personally wanted to read it for a while. I ended up loving it. Reading and understanding this novel is like completing an endless puzzle. The characters, themes and story are so perfectly complex but still so seamless. I'm so glad I finally read it. 

A Little Something Different by Sally Hall - 100% feel-good, adorable and cute love story wrapped in one of my all time favorite book covers. The characters are loveable, the POV twist is unique and the small details to the storyline really generate the emotional response. If it hadn't been so cleverly pieced together, it would've just been a regular love story but I'm glad it isn't because it really is something that can keep you excited whilst warming your heart.

(KINDLE) Reboot by Amy Tintera - I read this right at the start of the year; so far away that I can barely remember it. From what I remember, it was thrilling. It was a gripping storyline from a novel genre that I would've never seen myself enjoying. I was impressed by the way it was a really unique storyline and I also fangirled so much about the center relationship. There is a sequel, but I just can't seem to get into it; maybe I'll try again next year. I also really want this made into a film. 

(KINDLE) Simon vs The Homo Sapiens by Becky Albertalli - This fun-loving and extravagant YA novel was a handful of giggles and fangirling moments. It was effortlessly uplifting and the ending was so happy I could've burst with joy. 

I read and didn't complete some other books this year too,
 but looking back, I seem to have read some really great ones.

What did you read this in 2015?


12 comments

  1. I managed to complete my goodreads challenge of 25 books but reading the Harry Potter books definitely had to be my books of the year! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, I've never read the HP Books because I've never really been interested in the films, but maybe the books could be a better choice :) Well done for completing it - I didn't complete mine at all haha :P

      Delete
  2. I'll give you the sun sounds really lovely! I've been looking for a new book to read so I may just check that one out!

    Shannon Sage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should - I'd love to hear what you think of it :)

      Delete
  3. I hope to read more books in 2016, so I might choose one of these to read! I love your (i'm guessing) kindle case, I saw it in paperchase the other week <3

    Niamh xoxo

    http://beautybud3598.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess, that's my Kindle case. I got it for Xmas and I love it :D

      Delete
  4. The Great Gatsby is one of my all time favourite books.
    Alicia :)
    http://bambidreaming.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard a lots of people like it - it's just great :D

      Delete
  5. I really want to read The Great Gatsby :) I'll give you the sun sounds like such a good read as well! xx
    www.chasingbelle23.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love you to read both :D If you do, feel free to let me know what you think x

      Delete
  6. I love this post and it's given me load of inspo for what to read this year!

    Aleks | www.alekslondon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, I'm glad it has!! I'd love to know what you think of them :)

      Delete

THANKS FOR COMMENTING